USA Football Announces Play Football Month Celebration Award Winners from Nine States and One Province
A joint campaign with the NFL and the NFL Players Association, Play Football Month kicked off the week of August 25th and continued through September 30. Coaches, players, parents, officials, and fans from all levels of the sport put on celebration events in communities across the country to honor the traditions of the gridiron.
The fifteen national winners represented nine different states and one Canadian province with celebration events held at the youth, high school, and semi-pro level. Each organization received cash awards to help them to grow their programs and promote the sport at the grassroots level.
The Play Football Month Celebration Award was eligible to non-profit organizations involved with youth and amateur football, including leagues, schools, and local community football programs. The following programs are the 2005 winners.
- Alexandria Titans, Alexandria, VA (Youth)
- Manassas Youth Football League, Mannassas,VA (Youth)
- Matteson Youth Athletic Association, Matteson, IL (Youth)
- Pinellas Park High School, Largo, FL (High School)
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Sioux Falls, SD (Youth)
- Central Virginia Pop Warner, Charlottesville, VA (Youth)
- Youth Development Football League, Charlotte, NC (Youth)
- Concord Cobras (Diablo Valley Youth Football Conference), Antioch, CA (Youth)
- Brocton/Portland Midget Football, Brocton, NY (Youth)
- Orangeville Representative Football Association, Orangeville, ON (Youth)
- Tuscarawas Central Catholic High School, Dover, OH (High School)
- Randolph-Macon Academy, Front Royal, VA (High School)
- Empire Football League, Endicott, NY (Semi-pro)
- Lake City Stars, AuSable Forks, NY (Semi-pro)
- New Hampshire Youth Football & Spirit Conference, Auburn, NH (Youth)